Tuesday, February 9, 2010

FACING THE HARBOUR

A collection of poems entittled FACING THA HARBOUR will be out soon, published by Malaysian Institute of Translation, Kuala Lumpur.

Facing the Harbour

It disturbs me
Every time I face the harbour lights
They are the lights of our boundary
Reminding us nobody can live without a name
And loyalty to a country

But nobody can choose his own name
Or the country to be born in


Menghadap ke Pelabuhan


Alangkah sukarnya berdepan
Dengan lampu-lampu pelabuhan
Lampu-lampu sempadan yang mengingatkan
Hidup ini mustahil tanpa nama
Dan kesetiaan kepada negara

Tapi tak siapa memilih namanya sendiri
Dan tempat untuk dilahirkan

1 comment:

  1. Salam Puan Zarinah, I am a literature student and fortunate have stumbled upon your blog and works for my research. Facing the Harbour gave me chills. I am so proud that Malaysia has produced so many great poets. Insyaallah, my generation will be able to carry on the legacy of good malaysian poetry.

    ReplyDelete